Wednesday, June 07, 2006

My New Guilty Pleasure

So, what with it being summer and all, I have found myself staying up later and later. My summer insomnia (or as I lovingly refer to it "the big eye") has kept me awake well past midnight for about a week now. For those who know me, that is a fete as my normal bedtime during the school year averages out to about 10. Which, yes, means 9 sometimes. But I digress...I was flipping through stations one night and ran across a gem of a program called Parental Control on MTV, because heaven forbid they have a video on...even at 1 in the morning. The premise is as follows: Son/Daughter is dating a complete loser. Parents think they can find someone better. They interview replacements and choose 2 for Son/Daughter to date. Now, not only does Kid have to go on a date with someone their parent picked out, but, and here's the clincher, Parents and Loser Boyfriend/Girlfriend watch the date together. After the dates, Kid decides to either stay with Loser or date New Person. Seriously. The show is hi-LAR-ious. These people are idiots. All of them.

However, considering how right my parents were about the people I've dated, maybe it's not such a bad idea after all...

1 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

There was another show that was kind of along these lines....oh what was it. NOw I feel stupid, but yet I'll publish these comments and confirm it for the whole world....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home