Saturday, February 25, 2006

get LOST

Well, we finished watching the first season of Lost last night at about 1 am. I loved watching it again, but especially I loved watching it with people who hadn't seen it before. It was so fun to know what was coming and hear them gasping and yelling and screaming. It was also very cool how much you catch on the second go round. I think Janel and I drove them nuts when we would start whispering about stuff that has come up in the second season.

So, while watching my favorite show with new folks was great...I've made some new friends from it, too. I don't really remember how it all came about, but Lesley had mentioned it to me and I probably invited myself along. We make dinner (highlights: Mandy's individual cheesecakes and last night's breakfast for dinner shmorgasbord), watch, recap, laugh, recap, and have a great time. And here's what I've learned:
1. Walt is a freak.
2. Lesley is hilarious to watch serious shows with...She gets so into it, it's precious.
3. From liking crusty food to hating feet, Mandy may just be my soulmate.
4. Speaking of, never tell Cory you don't like feet or his will be in your hair in about 10 seconds. (Shout out by the way to Cory's group Vocal Union who we learned last night is going to record a demo for McDonald's: Ba da da da da. I'm lovin' it. Mwaaaa.)
5. JJ Abrams is a friggin genius.
6. Susan (my Stumps, my Stumps, my Stumps) can bestow theme songs in a nanosecond.
7. JT is hiLARious. And good at picking up on details.
8. There are fine nuances in the difference between Dirty Hot and Filthy Hot.

Now I better go...my newest acquisition from NetFlix is Nosferatu and I need to start paying attention...

1 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

I would argue that J.J. Abrams is not a genius. He's got some brilliant writers and producers on the staff of Lost. And they are the real geniuses in my book. They are the ones who week in, week out make this show great--esp. in season two where Abrams is off filming MI:III.

Look at Alias where Abrams had direct inolvement--it's not spectacular. Look at Lost that has less of his direct involvement--brilliant. I think his name helped get the show on the radar, but I don't give me as much credit for the show being genius as others.

He's certainly no Joss Whedon...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home