Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Spring Break: Day 1

It's Spring Break!!! And I woke up at 7. :-(

I'm actually in Day 2 now, but I thoughht I would share how I wasted oxygen yesterday. I really did wake up at 7. I was very angry. However, being on the stubborn side, I managed to stay in bed until about 8.15-ish. I watched The Today Show. Usually, I watch GMA, but I was too lazy to change the channel so Today it was. I realized something. Katie Couric annoys the tar out of me. I can't really put my finger on the why, but I just don't see why everyone loves her so much. Give me Diane Sawyer any day...I finally got up and moved from my bed to the sofa. Whew. That was work. I watched a couple of shows I had faux-voed last week and made breakfast. And a full pot of coffee. Mmmm. About 10.45, the drywall guy came to patch cracks in my ceiling and he threw in a Spanish lesson for fun! I shared my coffee, excuse me, cafe, with him. After he left, I moved to the sofa in the living room (I needed a change of scenery) and finished reading David Sedaris' Holidays on Ice. Fantastic book. He is hiLARious. It's like reading a whole book of Chadd. For those not in the know, the book is a collection of short stories. My favorites were SantaLand Diaries (best line: "...it is an elf's lot to remain merry in the face of torment and adversity."), Front Row Center, and Dinah, The Christmas Whore. I'm trying hard not to give in and go to the library for another of his books. You see, I read a lot during breaks from school. Still on the list for this week are: catching up on my Bible reading, Jane Austen's collected works, The Curious Incident of the Dog at Night-time, and Reading Lolita in Tehran. Ambitious, but completely possible. So I need to hold off on more Sedaris. It's tempting, though.

I pretty much diid bumpkis the rest of the day. I met Chadd, Katie, Amanda, and Dan at Rotier's for dinner. Yum! I had a Wienerburger. mmmmmmm...Oh, and I went to Tower beforehand to use the gift certificate Amanda gave me for my birthday, um, not this past one, but the one before. Prompt! Anyhoo...I got the Patty Griffin cd that was recorded live at the Ryman in 2003 (A Kiss in Time). oooh, and I just remembered it came with a dvd so I'm now going to pause to put that in...Right, so anyways, I was saying that I was at that show (and btw, who knew she had videos?? were they made especially for this dvd?) and it was fantastic. I believe (this video for "Rain" is stupid...she's a cartoon...I hope it gets better) that it was the show when the curtain caught on fire during Buddy Miller's opening act. (The video is not getitng better...Patty, ouch. Let's see if "Chief" is better.) Last time we saw her, she had new songs which makes me think a new cd is coming soon and that means another tour!! (yeah, this has real people and is better...)

Hm...well, I was going to go meet Jeremy at the Pred's game, but it was late and rainy when we were done with dinner so I went home. Rocking out with Patty all the way, of course. I got home and played TextTwist for quite some time, chatted with Melanie, and then went to bed...Very productive day. Today should be another veritable whirlwind of activity so I may need a catnap to get my energy up. ;-)

2 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger Phil said...

I remember spring breaks when I was a teacher.

I was usually grading research papers.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

yes but did you catch the repeat of the new Dr Who on Monday?!?

And if not..will you watch tonight?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home