Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Lady of Leisure

AH. I have had a very nice day. One day of the year, I am completely frou frou. Today was it. Here's how my day went:
6.30: Let Millie out.
8.30: Drive through Caffino for a Caramel Latte. Yum!
9.00: Blue River Canyon--I go into this little room for my facial and mud wrap. Laying on the table are two things roughly the size of Q-tips. They're paper, well, for lack of a better word, I'll call them underwear. They do stretch out some, but not a whole lot. Chicky-poo comes back in the room and slathers me with mud. Now, I thought it would feel kind of gross, but it really didn't. It is quite warm. So I'm all mudded up and she procedes to wrap me as one would filling in a burrito. No kidding, I was wrapped in like 6 blankets. Being completely incapacitated, she then begins my facial. It lasted for, hm, I would guess an hour. I have no idea. I have lost all sense of space and time by this point. After the facial, she wipes most of the mud off and I go into this little room for a Hydrotherapy bath. I find it to be more like a sensory deprivation chamber. Still not knowing what time it is or if armageddon has begun, I soak in the bath for quite some time. Oh, and they put little chocolates and bottled water by the tub for you. mmm. I have to say that I did get a little bored in the tub. Had I but had a glass of merlot and my Diana Gabaldon book, I think I might still be in it. At long last, some mean woman comes over the intercom in my room and tells me it's time to get out. So I get out and start getting dressed. Sigh. Why did it have to end?
11.30: Holy spa treatments, Batman! That lasted 2 1/2 hours!! I then hand over a kidney, my left arm, and my first born child as payment. It was well worth it.
11.35: Hm. I have some time to kill. I'll just bebop my way over to Wonder Nails for a mani and pedi. Sandy is excited to see me. She is even more excited that I actually let her use the razor blade on my feet. (You would have been proud, Vick!)
12.45: Yep, still have time. What is that across the street? Miyako? Sushi sounds good! I treat myself to some deliciousness and a glass of wine. mmm, again...
1.20: Crikies! Now I'm running late. I was supposed to get my hair done at 1.15. Oh, well, good thing Wendy is always running behind. As I'm sitting under the dryer whilst the highlighting gook takes effect on my incredibly dark roots, I read, for the first time in a decade, Seventeen magazine. Wow. I'm glad I'm not a teenager. To put the icing on the cake that is my day, Wendy shampoos me extra long. TWICE! I'm a big fan of anyone rubbing my head, but Wendy is the best.
3.30: I stop by Kroger and the liquor store for ingredients for dinner.
6.00: (Yeah, I did a fat lot of nothing between times.) I start making dinner for myself, Amanda and Mary. I LOVE to cook. Tonight's menu consisted of steak (can't claim them, Kev made 'em), hash browns, sauteed mushrooms in a port wine sauce, and broccoli with peppers and feta. Because feta makes it betta.
7-ish: After dinner, we start getting down to the nitty gritty of planning our trip to England this summer (July 1-11). Now I've already had a fantastic day, and I really don't deserve more good stuff, but we learned just today that Bob Geldof is planning a Live 8 concert in London. July 2. It's free. I just found out that you do have to have tickets for the London show, but all I have to say is yea scalpers.
10:50: I am now done typing up my day and ruminating on the goodness therein. Tomorrow, I clean.

2 Comments:

At 5:06 AM, Blogger amanda said...

i heard on my Y107 wake up call that tix to Live 8 London will likely be lottery.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger LB said...

Rob's on it. Keep your fingers crossed and feel free to drop to your knees and pray.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home