Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Emissions by the Numbers

50: number of minutes I waited to have my car tested
15: number of planes that landed at BNA during said time
3: number of times I've been to this God-forsaken piece of earth in the past week
5: number of times I'm fairly certain I nodded off
4: number of workers at testing center
3: number of cars that went through every other line for every 1 that went through mine
1: number of tags I saw that had expired in 2002 (2002?!?)
0: number of enormous chickens at the center this time (someone must have gotten hungry waiting in line)
1: number of times I listened to the ENTIRE Jack Johnson cd in a vain attempt to remain mellow and not hate people
4: number of friends I considered calling to help me through this but reconsidered because I thought they'd either a. be working or b. be in Italy
2: number of times I saw the world's hottest pink car
23: on a scale of 1-10, the intensity with which I had to go to the bathroom
45: speed limit on Nolensville Road
30: speed at which the woman (who apparently does not value life) was driving in front of me
12: months until I have to go through this particular hell again

5 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I am thankful for the Maury County Court Clerk's office and the influence my grandfather and father have in this town!

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger LB said...

For those of you confused (cough, cough, Dan, cough, cough) about the giant chicken reference, in one of my earlier blogs about the emissions center I mentioned that a giant chicken pecked its way across the parking lot...Just thought I'd clarify.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

I have no response for this. I read it hours ago and I cannot add nor take away a word. I am veclempt.

 
At 4:20 AM, Blogger LB said...

Dan? Speechless? My work here is done.

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger amanda said...

i think the word of today is 'veclempt'! way to use that Mensa vocabulary, Dan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home